Monday, January 16, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

We built the first phase of our dollhouse last summer and it's been a lot of fun.  We have a large bedroom for our dolls to share. For Christmas my daughter got a bed from Santa, so now we have two doll beds.  Both beds are pink (although different shades) and each came with its own bedspread and pillows.  Each girl's bed matches her personality, and the bedspreads are their favorite colors.


Adeline's bed is bright pink.


Ava's bed is blue.  But the problem is - when you step back and look at the entire bedroom, it looks a bit mismatched and unfinished.


Clearly it's time for a bedroom makeover.


The first thing I did was pick a fabric that fit with both of their color preferences.  I found this cute snuggle flannel print with a blue background and pink winter accents (perfect for January!) I made two pillows for each bed. 


Next I measured their beds and made cute bedspreads (I'll share how to do this in a future post.)


And in order to make the room look a bit more pulled together, I made matching curtains to hang over each bed (I'll share how to do this in a future post, too!)



Here's the bedroom with the matching pillows, bedspreads and curtains.  I love how this pulls the room together and makes the room look ready for a set of twins or BFFs.

A close-up of each girl's space.




Wendy and Julie hanging out in their new space!

Julie feels right at home in her new room!


This was a super easy project. It took me about three hours of total sewing time.  It was fairly inexpensive as well. The fabric was 1/2 off at the fabric store, so I purchased two yards for under $8.  I love how this brought the room together and decorated it for winter at the same time.  I've already purchased some spring fabric and plan to make another set to update the room in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment