Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Addy, Kaya, and Josefina

We made it to the second half of the historical section near the end of our visit, so my little photographer was getting a bit tired; she did manage to get a few pictures, so I'll just group the last three dolls together so you can at least see a few items from each doll's collection.

Here's a peek at Addy at the American Girl store in Chicago.


This is Addy in her meet dress with her accessories.  I really love this cute pink striped dress.  I have to say that out of all the stories, Addy's are my favorite. All of the books are really well written and the stories are extremely moving. I highly recomend them.



Addy's furniture is really well made; all of her furniture is made of wood and looks like it will hold up for hours and hours of play.  I really love her table with the built in lazy susan.


Next we have Kaya. Kaya is the first American Girl (not the first one American Girl made but the first true American Girl). I really love her long braids and authentic clothing.


My girls and I are all really big horse fans, and Kaya has several.  All of the American Girl horses are top quality.  They are covered in a soft velvet that makes them feel very realisitc and their tails and manes are made from hair similiar to the dolls'.  Here Kaya is modeling her powwow dress of today next to her horse Steps High and foal Sparks Flying.


Here Kaya is with the baby animals she finds in the woods, a bear cub, baby fawn and baby rabbit. All of these animals are soft and cuddly.


Although we got a picture of Josefina in the vestabule, we failed to get an upclose shot of her in her meet outfit, but here she is on her bed in her nightdress.  Her silky, long hair is down out of its braid; doesn't it look like it would be fun to brush and style it?


Here are the matching jammies for girls.



And a look at Josefina's vignette.




If you're planning a trip to the American Girl store be sure to plan to spend lots of time there exploring and looking at everything.  I easily could have spent an hour in each of the historical character's sections if my daughters would have let me!

No comments:

Post a Comment