Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hanging Art in your Dollhouse

No doll's room is complete without a bit of art.  It's really easy to create and hang art in your doll's room.  For this project you will need a few basic supplies. First you'll need some baseball card holders. There are many options out there - your can get some clear plastic pockets that allow you to slide the cards in and out, or you can get clear plastic cases that snap together to enclose the picture.  I've shown both in this picture. Both options will allow you to change your artwork without removing the frame from the wall.  For my project I chose to use the ones that snap together because I like the fact that they look like a real frame. 


You'll also need some artwork to hang.  You can draw mini posters, print pictures, cut out artwork or pictures from a magazine, or use collecting cards - I'm using cards from the American Girl collector card series.  Finally you'll need some Command Poster strips. These are simple and inexpensive to use.


Place the card (or the artwork) in the cardholder.  Turn the cardholder over and place a Command Poster strip on back.  I used two strips on my first poster, but realized that I actually only need one to hang each poster.


Next decide where you want to hang your artwork and apply it to the wall.  Be sure to level your artwork before you apply it, because once you stick it to the wall, you'll have to remove the tab and start over if you want to reposition it.



I love how these posters brighten the room and make it look like a real bedroom!


Julie's sure to have sweet dreams with her favorite posters hanging over her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment