Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chicago, Chicago! Store exclusives part I

We just got back from a weekend in Chicago and of course we went to the American Girl store located on Michigan Avenue. Although it took us a while to navigate the downtown streets, we found convenient parking underneath the Watertower building where the American Girl store is located.  My eight year old was extremely excited to explore the American Girl store and took lots of pictures for me to share. I thought we'd share some of the store exclusive items first, since those are what I was most excited about.


One of the items I thought was super cute was this little apron set. There's both a girl sized and a doll sized pink apron with black and white polka dot trim. I love the detail of the embroidered flowers on the pockets. The apron comes with some recipe cards and a little cookie cutter.



If you enjoyed your time in the cafe', there are items that allow you to recreate the experience at home. Here's the doll treat seat (it attaches to most tables and your doll can join you for a meal).  The flower pots are perfect for recreating the delicious mousse dessert that is served in the cafe', and off to the side of the picture you'll see the doll sized plates and cups that are used in the cafe'.  We picked up a set of these to serve our dolls in style later at home.


There are lots of cute souvenir items to bring home from your trip to the store. Here's the American Girl logo hoodie.


Here's the matching doll sized hoodie. I had to get one of these for my daughter's doll to remember our special trip. What's really neat about this hoodie is that there is a hole in the back for the doll's ponytail so her hair doesn't get too messy, talk about cleaver touches!


I love these cute little pink skorts. There's a logo star on the front and the American Girl logo on the back waistband. The skirt goes with most of the shirts and sweatshirts sold in the store exclusive section.



You can pull the look together with this matching accessory set. The purse is made from a pink corduroy material and the socks are mismatched on purpose. I love these adorable pink, white and red tennis shoes.



Check out the entire look on this model. Yes, I picked up all of the pieces to create this look!



There's also a red store t-shirt with the American Girl logo. It looks really cute with the pink skort, the white Capri jeans or the blue jeans (all store exclusive items, too).



Check out all of these adorable looks you can create! I love all of the separates and I stocked up on these items so I could mix and match and add them to items I already had at home.












No comments:

Post a Comment