Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine

I've had a lot of fun making Valentine's dresses this last week or two.  Here's a cute dress I made for my daughter's Kirsten doll.



Although this is a simple looking dress it's one of my all time favorites. I made this dress out of fabric I had found in my mom's attic a few months ago when I was visiting her. I had used this fabric myself back in the late '80s to make my own prom gown!


The dress has a taffeta base and is topped by a lace overlay. (My prom gown had a lace overlay on the bodice and ribbon around the bottom; it also had big puffy sleeves!)


Doesn't the lace make the dress look so fancy and delicate? I can't believe both the lace and taffeta still look so nice after sitting around in the attic for so long. 



Kirsten looks ready for a fancy Valentine's Day tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment