Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Be Mine!

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days of the year because it celebrate love and friendship.  So it's really important to have a special look for a special day.   I found this cute heart fabric and knew I'd have to make it into something special.


Kanani models one of my favorite Valentine's day dresses. I love the puffy sleeves and fully gathered waist.  There's even white lace edging around the sleeves and hemline. A pink flower in her hair and sparkly red "Dorthy" shoes finish the ensemble.


One of the things I like best about sewing is being able to create different looks.  This is a fun dress that is easy to change the look of.  I found a pretty pink satin ribbon and added it at the waist. This one simple change really added to the look of the dress.

I think Kanani looks ready for a Valentine's day party in this dress - too cute!


A fancy white apron changes the look again.  Kanani looks ready to serve an afternoon tea to all her friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment