Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kirsten's Gunne Sax

Kirsten is feeling fancy in her new dress.  This dress is made from one of Kirsten's patterns.  The material is a late '70s floral design.  I added ribbon detail at the waist (two rows on the waistband and two rows above the waistband) on the sleeves (before I gathered them) and three rows at the hem.  I really like how the pink ribbon makes the colors of this dress pop out against the black background.


This dress reminds me of the dresses girls wore when I was a child in the '70s.  Gunne Sax was a popular brand of flowery dresses that girls enjoyed wearing. Most of the styles were long and flowey, usually detailed with lots of ribbon and lace.




I'm not sure if I should credit this dress to Kirsten's time period or to Julie's, but either way, Kirsten looks adorable in in new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment