Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm a Little Bit Vintage

I've been working on cleaning and organizing my basement. My mom saved nearly all of my toys from when I was little, so it's lots of fun to sort through my old items and find things that my girls might enjoy playing with. In my box of doll items I found lots of handmade doll clothes, most of which was made for my Tender Love doll.  Although Tender Love was a bit shorter than the American Girl dolls, most of her clothes fit the AG dolls, and I really love the vintage look. Here's a few of my favorite pieces.

Daphne is modeling a vintage capri pantsuit.  This is an outfit from the late 1960's.  This outfit was made by my "grandma" (one of many great aunts I had) for me when I was a child. The pattern and material are both from the 60's, although I didn't receive the outfit until the mid '70's. I use to put this outfit on my Tender Love doll. I believe the pants were full length on Tender Love, but I think they look super cute as capris on Daphne.  The entire outfit is lined and the trim (both the rickrack around the top of the blouse and the lace around the neckline) are hand stitched. I can tell my grandma put lots of time into this outfit.


Here's a vintage jacket from the late 60's.  Again, this outfit was designed for a baby doll, but looks great on Daphne.  The jacket snaps closed in the front and is fully lined. 



This jumper is another item from my Tender Love collection.  This one piece short suit snaps closed in the back and is trimmed with red rickrack.  I bet Julie would look really groovy in this outfit!

1 comment:

  1. Love the retro clothes! I'm a child of the 70s and remember Baby Tender Love. And yes, I bet Julie would look really groovy in these clothes!

    ReplyDelete