Friday, March 2, 2012

Marie-Grace and Cecile'

One of the best parts about visiting one of the American Girl stores is seeing all the historical dolls up close. I thought I'd share some pictures of Marie-Grace and Cecile' with you.


My daughter, Adeline, was very excited to check out the Marie-Grace display. She has Marie-Grace and wanted to get a new outfit to bring home to her from our visit to the Chicago store. Upon entering the store there are several displays with all of the historical characters (one near each entrance). I took a picture of Adeline here, and she took all of the rest of the pictures of Marie-Grace and Cecile'.



A better view of Marie-Grace (I wish we could figure out how to get rid of the glare, but for the most part, our pictures give you an idea of the displays).




A close-up of Cecile'. I love her curls! Currently, she's the only doll missing from my collection. Hopefully I'll be able to add her to my collection before the new historical character comes out in September.



Marie-Grace in her party outfit and Cecile' in her special dress. I just love Marie-Grace's golden boots!




Here's Marie-Grace in her summer outfit. This is a limited time offering (although American Girl has not said how long it will be available for).  This is the outfit that Adeline decided to bring home to her Marie-Grace. I love the pink boots, and I'm planning to make her doll a few outfits just to go along with the boots!





Here's a look at Cecile' in her summer dress. I love the bonnet; it reminds me of Jane Austin. I might have to get this outfit just for the bonnet!




Besides the limited edition summer dresses for Marie-Grace and Cecile', American Girl is offering a limited edition courtyard furniture set.





Here's a close-up view of the courtyard furniture set. I love the color of the furniture, but I wish I had been able to touch it, too. I wonder if it is as sturdy as Kit's table and chairs.




A close-up of the chair; it looks like the chair comes apart? Or perhaps the side opens up? I'd love to hear if anyone has this set.



Here's Marie-Grace in the fancy dress and fairy costume and Cecile' in the fancy coat.


The banquet table and treats.



I love the embroidery on the tablecloth. I wonder what the table underneath looks like.



Here's a peek at Marie-Grace's time period.



The dress-up trunk looks like lots of fun.




Marie-Grace's skirt set and her dog Argos (more items on Adeline's wish list!)  I was surprised by the size of Marie-Grace's dog; he's much larger than I expected.



A display featuring all of Marie-Grace and Cecile's products.



Here's Marie-Grace's summer outfit which we purchased while at the American Girl store. My daughter discovered that it made a super cute Easter outfit for her Just Like You doll, Wendy. Instead of the pink boots, Wendy wears the pink and yellow checked dress with a pair of pink ballet flats which gives it a more contemporary feel.



Wendy looks super cute in the pretty hat.


I love the flower detail on this hat.

I'd love to see how Cecile's summer outfit looks with a contempory feel to it; I bet it would also double as a cute Easter dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment