Thursday, March 8, 2012

Julie

Here's a look at Julie Albright and her display at the Chicago American Girl store.  Julie is a groovy girl from the 1970's.  I love her long, long blond hair and with a mini braid. 



I really love Julie's meet outfit because it reminds me of a shirt and jeans I had as a child.



Here's Julie with her BFF Ivy and her pet bunny. Check out the ultra cool kitchen table and chairs. I dig the sunny yellow color, but I remember lots of avocado green and harvest gold colors in the 70's.


Here's Julie in her floral jumpsuit; it's authentic right down to the little details like the zip-up turtleneck.



Here's Julie's lunch and lunchbox.  I remember having one like this, but I think mine also had Scooby-Doo on it.


Here's Julie in her casual outfit and cap & scarf. She wears this for dog walking.




 My youngest daughter really loves Julie's bedroom. I have to admit that I found it very groovy, too.  I love the beads handing down from the canopy.  I bet Julie gets a great night's sleep in this bed.




 I liked the fact that they had the bed out where you could look it over and handle it. It seems to be really well made. Perhaps there's a spot for it in our dollhouse?



Just in case your daughter wants to dress like Julie, there's a matching set of pajamas and slippers for girls, too.



 Here's Julie's sound accessories.  I remember getting a tape recorder when I was young.  I had such a great time recording my own music and talk shows!



 Here's the mock up of a girl's room from the '70s.  My daughter got really excited when she saw this room and the items in it.


 "Mom, you have those books at home!" Yes, I still have my complete set of Little House on the Prairie books, and they came in a box just like this one.  If only she knew I had green shag carpet in my room and wore purple Converse hightops, I bet she's be even more impressed!



 "Hey, there's a record player just like this in grandma's attic. We played with it when we went to her house at Christmas!"  Yes, it's in the attic because it was mine when I was little.  I remember playing records on it when I was little and singing along to the latest songs; different, but yet not so different, from girls today.




1 comment:

  1. Although I don't wanna pay AGs high prices, I love Julie, and turned a Springfield Collection doll into my own 70s historical character, Julie Newman, (pictured in my avatar). I love all things 70s, as I grew up in that era, and my Julie (and her friends), love doing things like watching the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family, playing records, and wearing Ben Cooper plastic costumes for Halloween. I have a YouTube channel w/ the same user name (HardyGirl66) if you wanna check it out. Groovy and outta site!

    ReplyDelete