Sunday, July 1, 2012

Holiday Picnic

I loved the little black dress that I had made for Daphne, so I thought it would be a great idea to make her a little red dress, too.  I made this outfit from an outgrown Bitty Baby Girl's holiday dress.  I used the Molly slip pattern for the dress, but once I finished it, I felt it was a bit on the short side (all of my American Girls are a bit on the modest side) so I added a set of  matching shorts.


I originally intended for this to be a holiday dress, but it seems like it might be a cute summer number, perhaps for a fancy fourth of July picnic under the stars!

I added a matching belt so Daphne could change her look around.  Perhaps if she wears this for a forth of July picnic, I could add a belt with a flag theme (stripes, stars, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment