Thursday, May 2, 2013

Easy Pieces Part II

In order to give McKenna a bit more variety I put together a simple grey vest. I wanted to add a lace closure up the front, but my daughter wanted it open so she could add it to a school outfit, perhaps if I have time I'll sew up another on that closes in front as it would look a bit more like the styles I see at Renaissance festival.
 
 

Now since McKenna has a grey vest and plaid skirt, I thought I should reverse that and so I also made a grey skirt and plaid vest (of course she can wear plaid with plaid and grey with grey.)


Here's the grey vest and white peasant blouse with the plaid shawl.


I also decided that McKenna might want to feel a bit fancier, so I put together a more formal look; McKenna still has on the floor length grey skirt, and I added a raspberry "dress" to the look. This piece did take a bit loner to make, but I love the Renaissance look of the outfit.


Here's the same piece with the plaid skirt underneath.


As you can see, McKenna has limitless possibilities when she mixes and matches the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment