Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Easy Pieces Part I


After sewing a few Highland dance outfits, I had some pink plaid left over and decided that I wanted to use it all,  but I couldn't decide what I wanted to make, so I came up with a way to make the best possible use of the material by creating several separates that could all be mixed and matched to from several different outfits. I tried to theme my outfits for a Scottish festival / medieval peasant.



I started by constructing a basic white peasant blouse that could go with several pieces. Next I added a floor length skirt that's gathered at the waistband. I added an easy hairband that ties behind.


I love this simple easy look.


McKenna can add a simple shawl to cover up with. The shawl is basically a large triangle piece of fabric. I stitched a simple hem around the entire piece. McKenna wears it as a shawl here, but I can also tie it around her in a verity of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment