Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kit's Collection

Here's a peek at Kit Kittredge and her collection at the American Girl Store in Chicago. Kit is a girl growing up in the depression. She faces lots of challenges but manages to keep a positive outlook through it all.



I love Kit's outfit! Her skirt and sweater set are so cute!  She looks adorable in her hat with her short, bobbed hairstyle.  I love brushing Kit's hair; it really holds it's look. She's a great doll for little one who have trouble brushing and maintaining their doll's hair. (Molly is the other doll I recommend for little girls as she also has hair that is easy for little girls to care for.)



Ruthie is Kit's best friend. She lives next door to Kit. Ruthie is lucky because her father still has a job. She a great friend to Kit in many different ways. 


A look at the items in Kit's collection.  I love her all of her dresses, especially her reporter's outfit and Christmas dress with the little Scottie dog pin.



Kit's furniture is really well made. I love her bed (which folds out to fit two dolls) and table and chair set. Both are really worth the investment.




Several of Kit's outfits have been update. Kit's original pajamas looked like a sailor's outfit; now she has a flannel nightgown. Although I like the nightgown, I have to admit that I prefer the sailor outfit.


The matching set for girls.


A peek at the past - outside Kit's house - her wagon is set to take her wares around the neighborhood for sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment