Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Kilt

Valentine's Day is a perfect day to celebrate in Highland dance fashion. Here's a look at a pink kilt I made for our dolls.
 
 

 
 
 
The outfit mirrors what Highland dancers wear for competition.
 


All dancers either wear a blouse or a dickie underneath their outfits. Dancers wear a blouse under a vest and a dickie under a jacket. I made the blouse with rows of lace across the top. I made this one to look just like the one my daughter wears.


You can see the layers of lace a bit more closely in this photo. I love the puffy white sleeves on this blouse.



Here's the front of the kilt. Notice how the apron lays flat in front. To the right-hand side is a row of fringe

In the back you can see the pleats. I added some additional pleats at the top of the waist to create a better fit for Daphne.


Notice how the white lace peaks out from underneath the jacket. I'm still looking for the perfect buttons to add to the jacket.

 
 
Daphne models white knee socks with her outfit. Pre-premier dancers can wear white knee socks, but premier level dancers must wear argyle socks to match their kilts.

 
 
 
Daphne is all ready to dance at her show!


1 comment:

  1. Where did you find ghillies for American Girls? My daughter loved this outfit. She's doing highland this year and I'm making her her first full fling outfit.

    ReplyDelete