Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meet McKenna

We had lots of fun looking at all of the new items first hand at the American Girl Store in Chicago. One of the dolls we spent some time looking over was McKenna the doll of the year for 2012!



McKenna is everywhere at the American Girl store.  We ran into her and her accessories on the first floor. She's near all three entrance areas and in the middle vestibule. There's also a larger section of McKenna dolls and supplies on the second floor of the store.



Here's a closer look at McKenna's accessories. I really like these a lot; they look so realistic, just like a budding gymnast would use.



McKenna has a cute little furry friend. Her dog is a goldendoddle, too cute!



American Girls love to match their dolls, so there's a matching outfit for girls, too.



I liked McKenna's rainy day boots, but I thought her umbrella didn't look like it would hold up with my little ones.



Here's a peek at McKenna's PJ's.



Of course there's a matching set for girls as well.



McKenna spends lots of time in her jammies when she injures her foot at gymnastics. I love the pink crutches, cast and get well panda!



Here's the item my youngest daughter really wants - McKenna's bunk bed!  I love this bed; it's full of lots of fun gidgets and gadgets.



There's a cute little chair and desk under the bed for when McKenna is ready to study.


I love this little reading nook complete with books and a hamster cage.



Of course everywhere you look there are little gymnastic touches - trophies, posters, ribbons, etc.



Here's McKenna's fancy outfit. I love the beautiful rich color of this dress. It looks great with McKenna's hair and eye coloring.



My daughter loved the fun McKenna Display.




My daughter loved this life-sized 3D cut out of McKenna.  The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but McKenna is swinging on the bar and her toes point out over the girl standing below.







We loved the giant sized illustrations all around the display area. It certain was lots of fun to browse through this section.  We can't wait for summer and the McKenna movie release!


No comments:

Post a Comment